question

offgridsystems avatar image
offgridsystems asked

Multi switches off when connected to CCGX

I have a weird one.. Our customer has had a Multi/CCGX and BYD battery off grid system for around 4 years. A couple weeks ago, the system simply shut down in the middle of the day for no reason.

I went out to see as they had no power and saw that the Multi was switched off. If I disconnected the CCGX and cycled the power switch it comes on and stays on. As soon as I plug in CCGX the CCGX displays ESS #3 #4 and the multi turns off.

I have returned to site a couple of times now. Defaulted the Multi, fitted new CCGX, updated firmware. It still does it. I have now resorted to buying a new multi and now all is well.

But I have a Multi in my office that has a rogue fault and is 'just' out of warranty. I cannot make my customer pay for a multi with such a silly little fault, so am looking to get rid of the ESS #3 #2, which is clearly not programmed.

Thanks Chris

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @offgridsystems

I only can think of the BYD battery shutting down charging and discharging for whatever reason.

See also the the battery status reason code numbers here and see #3 and #4: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/controlling-depth-of-discharge.html#UUID-898081fc-12c0-210f-e2d4-db3e3c8c28fb

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic