question

bskz avatar image
bskz asked

MultiPlus over-voltage in Absorption after firmware update

Hy!

I have just updated my Multis to Firmware version 494 2 days ago and now Multies when charging Victron Smart battery reaches Absorption it raises voltage to 64V !!!

Absorption voltage set in Multies is 56,8 V. BMS disconnects and temperature of batteries is high (over 35 C).

My 3 paralell Multies (MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100), in ESS in "Optimized with BatterySafe" mode, 2 serial 24V Victron Smart LiFePO4 batteries protected by VE.Bus BMS.

battery-voltage-and-current.pngvebus-firmware-version.pngabsorption-voltage-set.png

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
netrange avatar image
netrange answered ·

maybe wrong temp. compensation ... ?

or take a look to your GX Remote ... for the ESS Assist .. after Firmware Update you have to install the ESS assist again ...

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bskz avatar image bskz commented ·
Nothing of mentioned helped. Upgraded firmware (now 497) and reset and fresh reconfigured system.

When Mulies are charging, 66 V over voltage ...when solar charge controllers are charging correct absorbtion voltage is used.

Any more ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ bskz commented ·

Perhaps just reflash them with veflash, recreate the parallel setup and apply the settings individually.

0 Likes 0 ·
bskz avatar image bskz nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Shared Temperature Sensor (STS) and Shared Voltage Sense (SVS) setting were enabled in DVCC, could that be the problem causing over voltage?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ bskz commented ·
That mostly depends what those sensors were reporting, 11V is a large error margin.

That said, they would be references for all charge devices so the issue would be more widespread.

If they weren't set previously, rather go back to a known state and see if the issue persists.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic