question

erald56 avatar image
erald56 asked

no Bluetooth to my SmartSolar MPPT Tr VE. Can 150V 100 amp

Have a new install with the SmartBMV where I can connect to without any problems. However my solar controller does not appear in the local list. Rebooted the iPhone 11 and rebooted my iPad but still no joy. Also rebooted the solar controller by disconnecting it from the panels and battery but still not able to see it in my list. in all cases I was near the controller. What can I do more to connect to it?

Seems Bluetooth is simply not active

MPPT ControllersBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @erald56

When the Cerbo GX is connected to internet and thus to VRM, it is possible to change the settings of the MPPT in VictronConnect via the VRM connection. This is described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/victonconnect-remote--vc-r----configuration-and-monitoring-via-vrm.html

The bluetooth enabled option is in the product info screen of the MPPT. This can be accessed using the three dots in the upper right of the MPPTs settings screen.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offroadflow avatar image
offroadflow answered ·

Sure it´s a SMARTsolar?
If so the BlueTooth option might me disabled in the software of the MPPT.
To change that you need to access it via the Victron adapter and take it from there...

2 |3000

erald56 avatar image
erald56 answered ·

Yes it is a smart solar and has the Bluetooth symbol. I do not know how to access it via the Vctorn adapter. I have a Cerbo GX and that one sees the solar charger but cannot figure out how to get to the setting of the solar charger

1 comment
2 |3000

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·
Online remote control?
0 Likes 0 ·
erald56 avatar image
erald56 answered ·

Wow that is hidden. It is that I have the Cerbo CX otherwise I guess I would have been out of luck connecting to the MPPT since the bluetooth option was disabled. Since there were some delivery problems I did not get my GX at the same time as the MPPT. Anyway it is working now. Thank you

2 |3000