question

sue avatar image
sue asked

How do you enter the password for a new router in to the CCGX panel?

I had to change my router 6 weeks ago and I can't see how to enter the password for the new router in to the CCGX. I need to monitor the solar off grid system on a regular basis but I can't get access to it through the VRM app.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi Sue,

I presume you have physical access to the unit?

On the CCGX, go to the Settings Menu

then WIFI

Then select the Network from the menu

Then select Forget Network

Then connect to the Network and it will ask you for the password.

Regards,

Guy

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sue avatar image sue commented ·

Thanks Guy - yes I got to this stage but the problem is I can't see HOW to enter the password. There is no keyboard; I tried connecting one to the back of the CCGX via USB but that didn't work

0 Likes 0 ·

The up and down arrows will cycle through the alphanumeric CASE. Left and right arrows allow you to select the letter/number you wish to change

I'll ask Matthijs about USB keyboard drivers!

0 Likes 0 ·
sue avatar image sue Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Guy - it worked this time. I had tried this before but the panel wouldn't take or even show characters or numbers. Must be a much easier system - its taken me 6 weeks and many phone calls (including Victron suppliers and installers, none of whom could give me an answer).

0 Likes 0 ·
ben-langlands avatar image
ben-langlands answered ·

Hello I have the same need / question as Sue, I had to change my router so followed your answer to her but when I selected WiFi from the Settings menu it says "No WiFi adapter connected. My CCGX is actually connected to my router with an ethernet cable plugged into a LAN port on the new router, but when I select Ethernet it says "unplugged" even though it is plugged in? Can you give me any advice on how to connect?

2 |3000