question

igeek207 avatar image
igeek207 asked

Need Help With System in RV

Hello. I'm brand new to all of this.

Just purchased a 2022 Keystone 220RD travel trailer which has a package called SolarFlex200 installed.

There is a solar panel on the roof and then in the passthrough there is a blue box that says Victron MPPT 75 I 15. I downloaded the application, but have no idea how to understand it.

Also it seems to be missing the line that tells me how much battery time is left.

Would someone please give me some guidance into what this little box is for and how to use the application with it.

Thanks

MPPT ControllersVictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

Read through the manual for Victron Connect, located here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/VictronConnect_Manual/VictronConnect_manual-en.pdf

It’s pretty step by step on what you are looking at, and was a big help to me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The MPPT only shows you what you getting from the sun. It's not able to show you what's happening with the battery.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

It's simply a charger to take the solar panel output and charge your battery.

If you want to know the state of charge of your battery, you need a battery monitor. There may or may not be one in the other kit that's installed.

Don't change the settings on the MPPT until you understand things better. They probably don't need setting anyway.

1 comment
2 |3000

igeek207 avatar image igeek207 commented ·

Would the installation of a smart shunt be able to tell me what's going on with the battery?

0 Likes 0 ·