question

grahamazing avatar image
grahamazing asked

Wiring AC output 2 on a Tiny Home Panel

I'm a solar installer in the US and new to Victron Products, as well as working on the AC side of systems. I own a tiny home and decided to design a system with a Multiplus 2 x120 3kVA. The reason I chose this inverter is because I have a heat pump system that requires 240V, also I have access to reliable 50A shore connection.

Below is a picture of my panel. Note I haven't installed anything yet. This is just a straight up shore connected panel, nothing special. Here's what I do understand... Coming from my AC output one, I'll have 6 G wire feeding this panel on a 70A breaker (I'll be making room for this breaker). What I do not understand is where and how the AC output 2 will land. The top right breaker (double pole 15A) is for my heat pump. But where do the wires from the inverter actually land? I read the manual and it recommended a 35 A breaker. Is that just it? If so I'll probably need a bigger panel.

be9ea1cf-ded9-4bee-a7ce-39a6559834d4-1-105-c.jpeg

Thanks for the help

ac out 2
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offroadflow avatar image offroadflow commented ·
since when a 120V inverter gives out 240V?
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ offroadflow commented ·
For that the two 120V phases are combined.
0 Likes 0 ·
pau1phi11ips avatar image pau1phi11ips offroadflow commented ·
They have a strange single phase and split phase supply in the US. The new Multiples II will do 240V split phase.
0 Likes 0 ·
offroadflow avatar image offroadflow pau1phi11ips commented ·
Ok, in this case is it safe to assume to connect N1 with L2 and take the 240V from L1 and N2..?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ offroadflow commented ·
It should be in the manual. I've no idea.
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic