question

Graham Walmsley avatar image
Graham Walmsley asked

Lovato P2MB Double Pole MCB (P2MB2PC100) for Pylontech 48V isolation

Hi,

Like a lot of people I am looking for a solution to the issue of isolating PylonTech 48V battery stacks. Looking on the victron videos on YouTube they show the Blue Sea 6006 or 9003 isolators with PylonTech, which while they are only rated to 48V DC I assume they are acceptable as they are shown in the official videos (I read somewhere they were actually tested to 72V).

While browsing I came across the Lovato P2MB Double Pole MCB C Curve 100A (P2MB2PC100) which based on the specifications will do 60V DC at 100 Amp. This is below the rated current for the PylonTech cables (120A) so would seem a good fit.

My plan is to have 6 stacks of 2 US3000C battery modules (all connected via the control cable to a Cerbo GX), with a positive and a negative cable to each pair (so 6 sets of cables going via the breakers to a pair of lynx power in modules and then to a lync distributor for connection to the inverter and mppts). Each pair of modules would go via an MCB (6 in total) so in the event of a fault I can isolate just that pair of modules and maintain the rest of my capacity.

With the solar and 8Kva multiplus-ii, peak charge current would be 48V 240Amp which would be split over the 6 sets of batteries (40A per cable) with the current draw from the inverter being <180Amp again split over the batteries (30A per cable).

Thoughts?

Pylontech48v batteryisolators
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
londonflatthing avatar image
londonflatthing answered ·

hi

did you decide to buy the lovato? I'm looking at the 125A version myself

https://catalogue.lovatoelectric.com/gl_en/Miniature-circuit-breaker-1P-2P-3P-and-4P-10kA-characteristic-C-125A/P2MB2PC125/snp

but its not clear if its good for 60V DC ?

I've got a 150Ah LFP setup (51.2V, 200A BMS)... so I thought this could work in lieau of fuses...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Graham Walmsley avatar image
Graham Walmsley answered ·

Hi,

I eventually went for the Mersen NH00 breakers because they double up as breakers and fuses. - https://www.bimblesolar.com/DC-fused-disconnect-2pole

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic