question

colin-foster avatar image
colin-foster asked

MultiPlus-11 not inverting

Problem
Inverter never starts even at night with a full battery.
Works fine with Grid disconnected.

System
Multiplus-II 24/5000/120-50 V4.90
Product ID 2615
Firmware 490
Colour Control V2.84
400Ah Battery
PV Inverter ABB Uno 3600w
ESS Relay test = Complete
AC current sensor Assistant
ESS Assistant
Setup using Victron Configure III
Location South Wlaes UK

inverter.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
inverter.jpg (60.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
colin-foster answered ·

Forgot this

ess-assistant.jpg

ess-assistant.jpg (70.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

colin-foster answered ·

Update

Another thread suggested that the Lost of Mains (LOM) could be causing the problem. The grid code password was obtained and LOM disabled over a weekend, this made no difference the system still did not go into inverter mode.

grid.jpg

ccgx.jpg

I conclude that there must be a problem with the CCGX. Two Multiplus-II has been on the system and the problem was seen on both leaving the CCGX as the most likely cause of the problem.

LOM has been re-enabled.

grid.jpg (61.1 KiB)
ccgx.jpg (27.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Dale avatar image
Dale answered ·

got same issue Ive moved the solar pv today as it wasnt charging so i terminated it into the consumer unit. this is now working, however got same issue as you it only inverts when main grid incoming switch is off. hopefully we can get it sorted.

2 |3000

colin-foster answered ·

Problem solved. Using Victron Configure go to tab "UK grid code setting" in there uncheck "Use Aux1 if (availabel ----". You will need the Grid Code Password which you can get from your system supplier.

I think you could just move whatever you have on Aux1 to Aux2 if it is not used. I have AC_sensor on Aux1 which I know can be on Aux2, have not tried this.gridcode.jpg

gridcode.jpg (67.1 KiB)
2 |3000