question

carl-thomas avatar image
carl-thomas asked

Low voltage disconnect with SmartSolar MPPT 100/50

Does the Smart Solar MPPT 100/50 have a low voltage disconnect or alarm and if yes how do I set it. I have 4 12v 100ah AGM batteries and would like to have a low voltage cut off at 11.8v. Or should I just upgrade to lithium with a BMS that that has low voltage cut off?

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you install the Victron Connect app, go into the demo library, you'll be able to select the charger. One of the settings is load output. Turn off automatic. And the settings are there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Carl Thomas,

the SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 does not have a low voltage disconnect. If you want such a feature, it can be realised by using a charge relay (for example a Cyrix) controlled by the relay of a BMV or SmartShunt.

Even in a lithium system with a BMS it needs to be ensured that a relay prevents the MPPT from further charging at a set voltage.

But the question is: why do you want the MPPT to stop charging at low voltage? I would expect the opposite, charging by any means to get rid of the low voltage event.

edit: kevin was faster. Maybe you're talking about the load output? Then forget what I wrote.

2 |3000