question

doubh avatar image
doubh asked

Multiplus II: Query of currently possible max. power when limited due high temp.

I'm using

• VenusOS 2.73 on Raspberry Pi
  • ESS
  • Multiplus II 48/3500/35
  • SmartSolar Charger MPPT 250/70 rev2
  • Pylontech US2000C batteries (7.2kWh)

When the Multiplus II is running with high load (DC->AC) for a longer period of time, it gets hot and reduces the maximum power like described here technical notes on output rating, operating temperature and efficiency and here Multiplus-II 48/5000 efficiency curve.

The SmartSolor charger switches from MPPT to Voltage/Current limited mode (as expected).

For the control of the usage of the excess energy (EV charging), I now want to query what the currently maximum power of the Multiplus II is.

Is there any information available what the max. power is - e.g. a Dbus item?

Is there any Dbus item (or another way to read out the information) that indicates that the Multiplus II is running at maximum power? Such a boolean information would be enough.

If the internal temperature of the Multiplus II could be read out, then I could make an approximation based on the mentioned white paper.

Thanks for your help.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

+1 .... that would be a nice feature. Would love that too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.