question

remco avatar image
remco asked

Expand my system

Good evening,

I want to expand my system and want to know if it works together with the system I already have.

Easysolar 24/3000/150/70 with CCGX built in
Extra Bluesolar Mppt 150/60
BMV-702

Now i want to expand it with a Victron Pheonix 24/3000. Does this work well together on the CCGX, read consumption, consumption per inverter, or both together. Can I link them together so that I have 6000va ?. Who can explain more info about this to me.

thank you in advance
EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The CCGX will not see a second VE.Bus device when connected to the VE.Bus port on the back. I am defining one VE.Bus device as either a single MultiPlus, like the one inside your Easysolar or a collection of Multiplus' in a parallel / 3 phase /split phase configuration.
When you want to combine two or more MultiPlus / Quattros, you must ensure that they have the exact same firmware version. Check what the firmware number is of the MultiPlus which is within your Easysolar and then get a MultiPlus with the same firmware number so that you can combine them.

You can get a second VE.Bus device to show up by using a USB MK3 dongle, but even then functionality will be limited.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

the main thing here is that the new multiplus you buy has the same proccessor, the older units had a small processor starting with the number 19xxxxxx the newer ones start with 26xxxxxxx

ie if you have a multiplus with say the 26 version numbers and buy a new one with the 2614433 the you can upgrade the older firmware to match but if you have a old 19 processor you would also have to replace that ones main board as all the new ones only come with 26 series processors

hope that makes sense

and YES you can add a multiplus 24/3000-16-70 to that unit (you cant use a Pheonix ) (subject to the firmware issues)

0 Likes 0 ·
remco avatar image remco Paul B commented ·

thanks for all your info, I really appreciate it.

after this info I have opted for a Multiplus 24/3000, so I know for sure that I have a good working system.

0 Likes 0 ·