question

sirdreadly avatar image
sirdreadly asked

Can MK3-USB cable connect to new iPad Pro?

According to Victron, I cannot connect MK3-USB cable to iPad because the iPad does not have a USB port. However, it is now 2022, and the iPad Pro has a USB-C connector, to which I can attach any external peripheral device. I have an adapter which allows USB, HDMI, ethernet, etc.

So, does Victron’s rule still apply, or will a Multiplus now communicate with Victron Connect on my iPad Pro?

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
david-busby avatar image
david-busby answered ·

I’m using Victron Connect application on an IPad Pro 12” M2;

Using a USB-C to USB-A adapter (which works for things like Yubikeys, and thumb drives) this does not appear to function for the MK3-USB connection.

Whilst I can effectively manage via Bluetooth my

100/50 MPPT

ShartShunt

BatteryMonitor

I cannot manage the Phoenix 24/1200 inverter settings.

Nor is this possible via the VenusOS system I have deployed, I can only do so from the Victron Connect application and connection of the MK3-USB using the SAME adapter to my macOS laptop.

Seems that USB support is not available in the iOS / iPasOS application at this moment in time, which is sad as this would be extremely useful for management of such setups without the need to carry a full laptop setup around to do so.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic