question

priba avatar image
priba asked

Temperature value in Bluetooth networking

Hello VE community

Been looking around for answer but only post I found isn't exactly what I have here.

And answer was in some codes like -"You need to turn on DVCC, then enable STS (on by default), and then you need to explicitly select the temperature sensor you want to use." (joking)

Don't know how to do this and if it's possible in my setup.

I have MultiPlus with BT dongle, Smart Shunt and MPPT controller in the system (on Services battery).

MultiPlus has it's dedicated battery temp. sensor connected. I wanted to use BT dongle to monitor MultiPlus operation and share temp. to MPPT and Smart Shunt.

What I noticed is temp. value shared over network is one from BT dongle sensor.

This doesn't work for me because of BT dongle position (if in battery box BT signal is weak).

Is there a way to have MultiPlus temp. sensor value shared?

Can I use MultiPlus without temp. sensor and have sensor connected on Smart Shunt, so to get that value shared to MultiPlus and MPPT controller?

Or is there some other way?

Thanx

Marko

VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@priba

Hello Marko.

DVCC is only an option with a GX.

Since you are smart networking you need to refer to this manual.

The multi with the VE bus BT dongle is not compatible with a smart network yet.

You can get a temperature sensor for the smart shunt and use that in the smart network for the mppt.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual