question

svenw avatar image
svenw asked

Complicated system and too many questions

Hi together,

on my roof I have 36x Luxor Eco Line M60/270 panels which are currently separated in the strings

String 1: 14 panels and string 2: 9 panels on a SMA WR SB 5000SE-10

String 3: 13 on a SMA WR SB 3000TLST-21

This was installed by a company.

New to my system is a PYLONTECH LiFePO4 battery storage 48V - 14,0 kWh

and on my garage roof 16x ECO LINE M108 400 HC Glas/Glas bifacial

These two are not integrated at the moment

In my house there is a heat pump Alpha Innotec WZS 82H3M (7,7KW) which has a separate meter for a heat pump tariff. Here I want to integrate the heat pump too, so no extra meter is needed.

Now I want to integrate the the battery storage and the 16 panels from the garage and maybe a diesel generator to assist if the battery is empty and there is no grid.

I want a 3 phase UPS function to power the house so I need 3 Multiplus II and these are directly connected to the battery storage and to 2 MPPTs RS 450/200 with 3 or 4 strings from the house.

Then I would use the SMA inverter in the garage.

Are these thoughts so correct respectively is there a better option?

Thanks a lot

Sven

Multiplus-IIMPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If you intend to build a system with both grid and generator, a Quatro may be a bette choice since the Multi doesn't have a second input and does not support an external grid/generator transfer switch.

An external transfer switch can be used but it's state does not affect programming of the Multi or GX device so you'd need to manually change input current limit and input type when switching between grid and generator. With an ESS, changing the input type to generator essential to avoid feeding energy into the generator.

The 5000 VA Multis may not be sufficient for your peak power needs (starting a 8 KW heat pump could require up to 5 times that without a soft-start). You may need to go with Quatros for power needs also.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svenw avatar image
svenw answered ·

Thanks Kevin, you are right. I'll check the heat pump datasheet so I choose the right Quattro. I have overseen the Quattro at all.

2 |3000