question

Dennis Leth Andersen avatar image
Dennis Leth Andersen asked

MPPT overheating code #26

Hi all,

I have a MPPT 250/100 connected to a 48V battery bank, and 6,7kW solar panels. The last days I got an overheating alarm, and the solar charger shuts down for about 30 min and reset its self. The alarm code #26 indicates the battery terminal is overheating and appears after 2-3 hours of full load/100Amp. I have used a 35mm2 cable for the connection. The cable get really hot. Last time 100degC. Only the first 20 cm of the cable are hot.

I think its a connection issue.

What can I do to get rid of this.

MPPT Controllersconnection issue
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boot103 avatar image
boot103 answered ·

Make sure there are proper crimps on the cable and make sure they are nice and secure. Loose crimps and loose connections will cause heat.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dennis Leth Andersen avatar image
Dennis Leth Andersen answered ·

Hi. I have now re-fitted the cable with new crimps and it seems to have reduced the hot connection a lot now. Only 44 degC.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual