question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.85~1 available for testing

Good morning!

Last night we released v2.85~1 for testing. Changes are improving Lynx Smart BMS support (error messages, Lynx Distributor fuse names, and more). And Multi RS.

Plan for v2.85

v2.85~1 has been in beta since Feb 27th. We're planning a v2.85~2 in the week of April 4th, and then final release the week there after.

Change log

• Improve support for the Lynx Smart BMS
    • Add alarm notifications for fuse blown events as well as a loss of connection to the Lynx Distributor
    • Remove obsolete BMS errors
    • Add status
  • Complete support for the Multi RS:
    • Add full DVCC support
    • Fix overviews where necessary
    • Fix missing data points in transmission to VRM portal
  • DVCC: reduce (possible) latency of data transmitted by the GX to VE.Can, by sending values immediately rather then on a 4 second interval. Parameters included:
    • Voltage sense, Temperature sense, Battery currents, State of charge.
  • Fix display of manually configured IP settings (as opposed to setting it to DHCP): in some situations, the user interface would show dashes for the default gateway, while there actually was one configured.
  • Fix productid transmission to VRM for a few data models, including DC Load, DC System and Multi RS.

All the best, Matthijs

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi all, I have (finally!) added a changelog into my message above, and the current plan wrt release timing.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
2 Answers
leverg avatar image
leverg answered Ā·

Hi,

Firmware installed, so far no issues. Wondering how it,s possible to communicate with the Lynx Distributor. Currently have 2, connected to a 5v feed to at least indicate the fuse state.

Do you need a Lynx shunt vs can to communicate with the fuses ?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi @Leverg , currently, the only product that supports reading out Lynx Distributor status is the Lynx Smart BMS.

The Lynx Shunt VE.Can, which we're shipping already for many years, does unfortunately not support this, and will not in the future either.

We're coming with a newer Lynx Shunt, which will be able to read out lynx distributor fuse status.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
newellr avatar image newellr mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
@mvader (Victron Energy) Thanks for this update. I currently have one of the older Lynx Shunt VE.Can units and have the orange flashing light (firmware error) issue. I'd rather not buy another one of the old units if the new one is coming out soon. Do you have an estimate on when the new Lynx Shunt will be available? Thanks
0 Likes 0 Ā·
hjohnson avatar image
hjohnson answered Ā·

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Not sure if you guys build the kernel for the Cerbo or not, but a feature that would be very nice to have added is Wireguard VPN support. If you're not aware of it yet, WireGuard is a very lightweight/easy to use VPN technology that was specifically intended for low CPU power situations (such as what's on the cerbo). It would actually be a lighter weight solution than the SSH tunnelling currently in use by VRM.

In my case, the use case would be to be able to access various other devices on my boat while at home.

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @hjohnson , yes we build the kernel. I'll keep this in mind, ie discuss with the developers when its a good time for this.

1 Like 1 Ā·
bt6100 avatar image bt6100 mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Wireguard is a perfect fit for that Venus OS Image! We need the same here, without that we need a second raspberry which consumes additional power.

Thumbs up for Wireguard!

1 Like 1 Ā·
dfk avatar image dfk commented Ā·

Adding wireguard would make me a very happy .... customer.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources