question

Andre avatar image
Andre asked

Does sync charging work with two Smart MPPT when they are connected with Cebro X

I know that the Smart MPPTs support sync charging over VE.Smart Network.

Now I want to add a Cerbo GX and the MPPTS will be connected with VE.BUS to it.

Will sync charging works anyway? As I know the Cerbo GX does not support VE.Smart Network.

Andre

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andre avatar image
Andre answered ·

What I want to to:

I want to install LifePO4 with a BMS which can use the CAN bus (all non VE). We want to connect THE BMS with the Cerbo GX. The MPPT controller should also be connected to the Cerbo GX. I am still in the planning phase.

I want to find out if MPPTs will respond the remote shutdown commands of the BMS which ist using CAN. Of course it would be fine if the MPPT would also charge sychronously.

Equipment we already have:

2 x Smart MPPT 150/45 TR

VE Smart Battery Sense

just bought:

Cerbo GX + Touch

Andre

1 comment
2 |3000

If it is a managed CAN battery and DVCC is active (Cerbo GX becomes an active controller), then the charge algorithm for the MPPTs and MultiPlus is determined by the CAN battery. In that case I doubt sync charging will/should work.

See also; https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/CCGX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

If it is a unsupported CAN battery and voltage/current is controlled by the MPPTs, then sync charging will/should work.

0 Likes 0 ·