question

Jordy avatar image
Jordy asked

concert easy & shunt & Cerbo

Hi team,

I have a easy solar unit in my engine room where I have 2 shunts for 2 battery banks. In my wheelhouse there is a Cerbo.

I connected the Cerbo to the 2 shunts by VE-direct 2x

The Cerbo to the easy solar by VE-bus with a ethernet kabel.

Now I don't get the information from the shunt into the Easy solar. Is the information not sent from the Cerbo to the easy solar?

I only found 1 VE-direct on the Easy solar so this is why I run the cable to the Cerbo.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jordy

The VE.Direct port on the Easy is for connecting the onboard mppt to the Cerbo. So you'll need that in addition to the VE.Bus cable. The Cerbo has 3x VE.Direct ports, so you won't need a usb adaptor.

In a simple system the Cerbo functions mainly as a data collector. It can communicate data to the Easy if it's required, and commonly this would be used to implement DVCC.. https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/dvcc---distributed-voltage-and-current-control.html

You don't really give enough detail as to what you want, so it's hard to help you achieve it. Come back though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

My VE.direct is now connected, like you say on the Cerbo (2 shunts) one VE.direct still free. But the information from the shunt is not showing up at the easy solar color display. The Cerbo has a VE.bus cable to the Easy solar color display (VE.bus input). So I am wondering if I need to run a other cable type or do a setting. The Easy solar is nearby the Shunt so maybe even with the BT?

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@Jordy

Ok, the plot thickens. You have an Easy with a 'colour display'? If so (a CCGX), you can't add a Cerbo. Only one GX device per system. Or you'd disconnect the CCGX and use the Cerbo.

You're also going to face the issue of having two battery monitors into one GX. One of the shunts might have to be configured as an Ammeter or left standalone. If you're using both batt banks into the Easy, then ideally one shunt on a common earth.

Do you have some sort of wiring diagram, this is getting harder for us?

Edit/: I missed Matthias' and Kevin's answers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You can't have two GX devices in one system. You have to connect everything to the Cerbo OR to the CCGX inside the EasySolar.

Of you want to use the Cerbo GX you can't use the CCGX (disconnect everything from the CCGX).

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Some models of the Easy Solar include it's own GX device (a CCGX). Cerbo is also a GX device and the two will not talk to each other and can not both be used in the same system if you want all components to integrate. You should probably disconnect the CCGX inside the Easy Solar and connect the inverter to Cerbo via VE.Bus and the MPPT controller to Cerbo via a VE.Direct cable.

2 |3000

Jordy avatar image
Jordy answered ·

Thanks for the info, it sounds strange that the information is not possible to share. So its also not possible to pot 2 Cerbo units into 1 system?

It works at the moment for the information of the inverter but just the shunt is not showing.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The MultiPlus and MPPT are shown on the CCGX because they are internally connected to it.

The shunt is not shown because you connected it to the Cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jordy avatar image Jordy Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
But is it possible to give the info also to the multiplus? This I would like to find out.. or is it better to connect the shunt to the multiplus and is the information then sent to the Cerbo upstairs at the helmstation?
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ Jordy commented ·

Manual for CCGX.

Please have a read.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Jordy commented ·
As I wrote in my first answer you can't have two GX devices in one system (in your case the Cerbo GX and the ColorControl GX inside your EasySolar).

You can only connect all your devices (MPPT, both shunts, and MultiPlus) to the Cerbo OR the CCGX.

0 Likes 0 ·