question

Christian avatar image
Christian asked

Venus OS missing information each Friday

Hi together,

I have 2 SmartSolar MPPT 100/20, one BMV 712 and a raspberry pi 3B with the Venus OS 2.73 running and a few panels with 500Wp in total. The Raspberry is not connected permanently to the internet, I just activate my mobile phone from day to day to upload the date.

But each Friday after 5:30 PM, it stops collecting data and continues on Saturday morning between 10:00 AM and 12:00 AM. The system is running since 7 weeks and since ever it has this strange behavior.

Does anyone have similar issues or an advise on that?

1645706095432.png

Venus OS
1645706095432.png (54.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
adev avatar image
adev answered ·

That is indeed strange. I’m very new to Venus OS and VRM, having just installed it this week on a Raspberry Pi on my simple system (100/20 MPPT and a 500a smart shunt, paired with self-built LFP battery), so my knowledge on this system is very limited.

If you go into the console (either locally via victron connect app, or remotely on VRM) can you see if there are data logs stored? These data should be stored on the device when internet connection is not available, and uploaded once the connection is restored. I did testing and the automatic upload didn’t work until I manually restarted the rPi, after which the stored data was uploaded to the VRM portal and showed as expected. It’s also possible to upload the data manually.

According to the documentation, there’s only provision for 48 hours of offline data storage, unless there is a USB device plugged in, in which case more is stored on that. I assume this limit is larger on an rPi with more disk space, but that is purely speculation on my part.

In any case, if you check the consolae and go to Settings > VRM online portal > right at the bottom there are entries for “stored records” and “oldest record age”. If those are not NULL, then you have some backlog of data that hasn’t been uploaded for whatever reason. If so, try rebooting the Venus device and see if that gets it going…

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources