question

martinmjoberg avatar image
martinmjoberg asked

Will the current EasySolar II GX get bluetooth and VE Can port profile?

Hello!

I just got my 24/3000 EasySolar II GX device from warehouse and have updated it to latest firmware 2.84.

I Found this in the changelog

v2.84 – February 16th 2022

Changes:

• GX LTE / GX GSM: Fix connection not working when an APN is required by either the SIM card or the operator. This issue was introduced per v2.80.
  • Add selectable VE.Can port profile for MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX new hardware revision. For more details about this, see footnote 23 in the GX device datasheet.

1. Late 2021 / early 2022, the hardware of the MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX product range has been updated. The update adds Bluetooth and changes the CAN-communications port from a limited 500kbps BMS-Can only type to a full featured VE.Can port (non-isolated). Status per model:
    1. MultiPlus-II GX 48V 3kVA; introduced per HQ2124, shipping from most warehouses (Australia, Spain, Netherlands)
    2. EasySolar-II GX 24V 3kVA; introduced per HQ2203, not shipping yet.
    3. All other models: not implemented yet.

Does this mean the older models will get this implemented later or does the current hardware of the 24/3000 not going to have Bluetooth and VE Can port functionalituy?

I have right now the 2.84 version installed and can only se BMS-Can bus 500kbit in the settings.

I was wondering if i would be able to connect the Ruuvi BT temp sensors to the EasySolar II GX device etc.?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It was a hardware improvement that was implemented into those newer units.
Units with serial numbers before those published do not have the hardware capabilities, no sort of firmware updates would remedy this.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinmjoberg avatar image martinmjoberg commented ·
So if i understand right the all the current 24/3000VA wont work and the one with newer hardware wont come out untill march this year?
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ martinmjoberg commented ·

HQ2203 meas the unit is produced in 2022 week 03.
But it takes a while until the new units are in stock to buy.
Victron also will first empty the stock with the old units before they will send out the new to the dealers.
So I think it will take a few month until you will get one with the new hardware.

For example the first units of the new Quattro-II we got a few weeks ago were produced in week 42 of 2021 (around 3 month ago).

0 Likes 0 ·
alexander-uhde avatar image
alexander-uhde answered ·

Hi,

you will still be able to connect a bluetooth dongle to the GX for adding the Ruuvis.

I saw a list with some tested devices here recently (not able to find it right now).

I bought one for my older Multiplus GX (still have no Ruuvi, but I can connect to the GX via Bluetooth from my mobile phone now already)

1 comment
2 |3000

martinmjoberg avatar image martinmjoberg commented ·
So i guess a BT dongle is the only way to get the Ruuvis to work the current hardware!
0 Likes 0 ·
hansgeorgk avatar image
hansgeorgk answered ·

Hi.

got a EasySolar GX II 24V 3000kVA delivered this week.

The SN is HQ2203...

So it should have the HW update - right?

cheers

HG

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
There should be the Bluetooth logo on the unit.
0 Likes 0 ·
lukasba avatar image
lukasba answered ·

Hallo,

which dongles are supported? Or can i buy new only GX hardware (Nanopi) without the MPPT and MP2? I'm interested because i have an 450/100 MPPT and i think the VE Bus connection is better than the VE.direct and later when i buy a second MPPT i had to connect this via USB adapter, because my Easysolar2GX have only 1 VE.Direct port. The BT is also interesting for me to connect the jk-bms via jk-ble

Lukas

p.s. sorry for my english

2 |3000