question

akabza avatar image
akabza asked

First setup Multiplus II 48/3000 with Venus OS on Raspberry

Hi all,

I want to install a Multiplus II 48/3000 with Venus OS running on a Raspberry Pi 2 B.

Is there a step-by-step installation procedure? Can I connect to AC to Multiplus first? Can I do the first setup without a 48V battery? Or do I need to connect the battery first, and then AC?

Thanks for any recommendation?

Best regards,

Alex

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@akabza

Usually I connect to the battery, use the mk3 to usb adaptor and Victron Connect. Update the firmware and program the Multi for the batteries and setup. The base of an inverter system is not the inverter it is the battery.

You would obviously then need to install your venus os onto the pi. Connect that to the Multi. Make your connections to AC. And power it up again. And check it is all working as you want it to.

Basic things to check are charge, discharge. Grid acceptance and if the connected circuit loads can be handled by the system.

You can set up an account on victron professional as an end user and get the basic training for the system.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

akabza avatar image akabza commented ·

@Alexandra

thanks for your feedback. Does this mean that the Multiplus starts working right after connecting the battery? Is the Multiplus then powered by the battery? Also thanks for your hint with victron professional, I´ll give it a try.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ akabza commented ·

@akabza

Yes it will power up from the battery, when you switch the switch to on. (Do your batteries have a precharge circuit?) You would need a way to limit the in-rush current.

It would just need to be programmed before connecting to a charge since it would need to be told what battery type is connected and how you want it charged.

0 Likes 0 ·