question

bf-mining avatar image
bf-mining asked

MK3 Drivers

I cannot get the MK3 drivers to install on my Windows 10 machine. I have followed every tutorial, downloaded VE Config 3 and created the USB drivers. Tried to manually install them with no luck. Windows says it cannot find the drivers. Yellow triangle will not go away. I have rebooted, restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled. Any ideas? What is the exact filename for the driver?

Thanks,

Scott

MK3
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sakara777 avatar image sakara777 commented ·

1673883719704.png

bf-mining answered · Feb 20 2022 at 2:11 PM

OK I figured it out. The computers I used were all Qualcomm Snapdragon ARM processors. Even though I was using windows 10, You need to utilize the VCP drivers from the FTDI website. https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/ Download and manually install these and everything works!

This also the only thing that worked for me. Intel Core 15 windows 11 John

0 Likes 0 ·
1673883719704.png (1.5 KiB)
7 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I think that when I did it I manually selected the directory that I'd downloaded.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bf-mining avatar image bf-mining commented ·

I did that and still no success.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Frustrating. I remember trying to find the driver name, couldn't. But at directory I'm sure it worked for me. I guess you downloaded from the Victron site.

I can't do it now, but I'll see if there updated ones available and try to update what I have.

0 Likes 0 ·
bf-mining avatar image
bf-mining answered ·

I appreciate any help. I have wasted an entire day trying to get it to work.

2 |3000

bf-mining avatar image
bf-mining answered ·

The MK3 shows up in device manager (yellow triangle) but if it is defective, would that prevent the driver from loading?

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Guess so, but I like the suggestion from @JohnC

I downloaded the new drivers from VE configure

checked the files, nothing new in there, I don't know enough about Win to remove the old ones completely.

Which subdirectory did you go to manually. I've a feeling it was MK2 for me, counter intuitive...

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

If you're using a usb 3.0 port, try another..

2 |3000

bf-mining avatar image
bf-mining answered ·

Using the 2.0 USB port with same result.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

All the drivers are here and where I suspect you obtained your files from? https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software more specifically the MK3 drivers https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/software/CDM21228_Setup.exe

2 |3000

bf-mining avatar image
bf-mining answered ·

OK I figured it out. The computers I used were all Qualcomm Snapdragon ARM processors. Even though I was using windows 10, You need to utilize the VCP drivers from the FTDI website. https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/ Download and manually install these and everything works!

2 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·
Good that you solved it, but you should have mentioned the ARM architecture.
0 Likes 0 ·
sakara777 avatar image sakara777 commented ·
I have a HP intel core 15 running W-11 This is the only thing that worked for me. Victron should have this up front in any of their trouble shooting info.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic