question

solarmowe avatar image
solarmowe asked

Cerbox Gx dead after update 2.80

Mx Cerbo Gx died after the latest update to 2.80 and since has been up, it is a remote installation so don't know what should be down. I have read often the dieing of Cerbox after update why should that be and maybe the root cause should be analysed.

What can one do in such a situation

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

it is a remote installation so don't know what should be down

Too late for you, but in such cases better disable GX devices automatic updates (and do not perform manual updates, unless you are at the site).

Can you have someone check if your Cerbo has any LEDs on? Maybe power cycle it?

Could be dead, could be stuck or it might only lost the Internet connection for some reason.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Please be more factual e.g. is the system is still updating VRM? Can you simply not access the remote console or on what other assumptions do you base your statement? What steps have you already taken to fault find? As seb71 said it could be as simple as a failure to re-establish the network connection, which I believe is most likely from my personal experience. PS - I have managed an off-grid system 6000 kms away over a GSM network for almost three years (not been onsite for about 2 and a half due to lockdowns and travel restrictions) and did MP/MPPT/Venus firmware upgrades all without problem.

2 |3000

solarmowe avatar image
solarmowe answered ·

The Cerbo was working fine before the update and was updating the vrm after the update for two days and then it went dead and i can't see any vrm update since two days and the vrm is no longer updating

and cerbo is not answering, i am 6000km away and there is nobody to send there to check

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

In that case there is not much you can do unless you have a VPN connection to the local lan it is connected to try and access it that way. (unless you are using a directly conected GSM modem) PS - I have an automated shutdown of my GSM router once a week given I found it can occasionally loose connectivity.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

How it is connecting to the Internet? Maybe that device failed and Cerbo is fine.

There is a setting for Cerbo to automatically reboot if it loses connection for xx hours. That might have helped in your case. Make sure you enable it next time.

2 |3000

solarmowe avatar image
solarmowe answered ·

I am using another loging software which is the solar assistant which is still loging as failsave

2 |3000

billakis avatar image
billakis answered ·

Hello guys!

I am dealing with the same problem here... After update the Cerbo died.

At first only the wifi led blinked orange. I couldn't connect via WiFi or Bluetooth and the hdmi monitor says no signal.

Tried to power loop but no change at all.

Then tried the factory reset procedure, Bluetooth led started blinking but i cannot connect with the device.

Wifi led still blinking orange/red.

Commented directly via ethernet to a laptop and run the victron connect program, Cerbo is visible but when i try the remote console it says "failed to connect"

I think i am running out of options here.... Last option is contacting the dealer (the warranty is still valid)

I is so sad to get through all this because you chose perform a simple firmware update....

2 |3000

unasolar avatar image
unasolar answered ·

Also have the same problem with Cerbo GX.

Cerbo GX was connected to the Pylontech Forse L1 BMS-Can port.

After updating the Cerbo GX firmware to

version 2.92, data from the Pylontech Forse L1

began transmitting incorrectly.

We try going back to version 2.91 via USB Flash.

After updating Cerbo GX to version 2.91 it started rebooting, turned off completely and stopped working.

There are no light indication on the device except of the Link light on the internet cable connection.

There is no access to the device via LAN, WiFi or Bluetooth to Cerbo GX.

2 |3000