question

alda avatar image
alda asked

Upgrade Venus OS to large on cerbo gx

Now I'm using standard Venus OS on the cerbo gx. Because I want start using node red, I want switch to large version. Question Is, if all standard functions And setups will still work after upgrade or complete setup Is necessary again, like charge current for batteries etc...

Thanks

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Alda,

Yes, all settings are retained. And if something should go wrong, you can always boot the normal image from the Stored backup firmware menu (until the normal image is overwritten by another update).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alda avatar image
alda answered ·

@Stefanie

Thank you. After flash there is any stored backup firmware menu?

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes. The stored backup firmware is always the penultimate version that was installed. See my screenshots.

More useful information about Venus OS large here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/start?do=search&id=venus-os%3Alarge&q=

And how to update Cerbo GX firmware in general: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/firmware-updates.html

bildschirmfoto-2022-02-15-um-195150.png

bildschirmfoto-2022-02-15-um-195204.png

0 Likes 0 ·
alda avatar image
alda answered ·

@Stefanie

Thank you a lot. Now it's clear for me.

2 |3000

Manda avatar image
Manda answered ·

How did you download the file? I tried 5-6 times, but download stops at ca 220Mo : connexion lost…

2 |3000