question

rudolfkucera avatar image
rudolfkucera asked

Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter 50A TSConfig error: settings could not be programmed correctly

UPDATE: It was a software error in TSConfig v2.2, from version v2.2.2 booster works as is should.

Hi everyone,

I recently bought the 50A Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter, plugged it into my van, then into my computer and tried to configure it with the Victron TSConfig v2.2 software. The problem is, whenever I adjust any of the parameters and push the "Send all settings to converter", I get error: "Settings could not be programmed correctly. Reset the converter and try again." Then the app shuts down with: "Monitoring is stopped. The application will be closed."
When I run it again, I can see some of the parameters actually changed and saved, but the converter does not run even when specified conditions are met. The LEDs are all shut down since the first error, but the converter is reachable through the TSConfig app and even the input/output voltage values correspond to reality.

The specs:

• Win11 64b PC with TSConfig v2.2 and CP210x Universal Windows Driver
  • Buck-Boost Converter 50A, SN: HQ2142FRNWU, firmware: tsc83v10, device serial number (according to TSConfig): 28193
  • Converter should be driven (on/off) with pin 1 (purple wire), but I tried all the other ways too

What I already tried:

• Check the wiring, all connections, fuses, point-to-point voltages are OK
  • Different PC, many different USB cables, reinstalling TSConfig and USB drivers
  • Countless converter resets through the "Converter reset" button in TSConfig - it actually resets the parameters, still not working though
  • Update converter firmware with TSConfig - actually only overwrite it with the same version, since no other compatible is currently available

I'd be very thankful for any advice, since I'm really lost here. I have some experience with VE products, event with this type of converter, but this is a tough one :)

Thank you in advance

RK

Orion DC-DC Converters not smarterror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic