question

han-solar avatar image
han-solar asked

VEConfigure3 stop working after Latest Update on Windows 10

After upgrading VConfigure3 to version 90.04.230 , the VEConfigure3. I get a security elevation and cant access shared folder errors when running the app. The app has full admin rights and I allowed it through block access. But no luck.. I uninstall the latest version and copying a older 90.04.227 version from my laptop over the new app and all works again. But as soon as I update to the latest version , the problem comes back..

Also the app is installed in default location on C drive.. Any suggestions on why this is a issue will be appreciated.

I gave the app all admin rights and run it as administrator.

Seem to me its got something to do with windows new security updates, so please look into this..

VEConfigure 3error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you make a screenshot of the error message you get?

I don't have problems with that version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just tried. Works for me, but...

I've been on .230 for a while. I keep getting the message that assistant updates available. As I don't use them, I haven't installed.

Windows 10 had a patch for me when I went in this morning. Installed it and went to test. No issues.

Maybe it's something to do with assistants. Might help with diagnosis.

1 comment
2 |3000

han-solar avatar image han-solar commented ·
That could be possible.... Thanks for that heads up
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Running Win 11 here, and the Mk3 works direct from onboard usb.

It does not work when plugged into a usb hub/splitter though.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Han Solar

I can't reproduce this either, even with Assistants updated. And Win.

Just a chance.. Find the data file (usually .rvsc type for single systems) and doubleclick it. VECon should fire up and open it.

If you don't have one, download a freshie via VRM and save it.

Might be a shared folder thing too (like the error?), but Im unfamiliar.

1 comment
2 |3000

han-solar avatar image han-solar commented ·
Thanks John, Will have look... It could be some security setting as well. When I solve, I will post here.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VEConfigure manual

VEConfig alternative method for VE.Bus using VictronConnect