question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

How one installed BMS became 2 installed BMS's on 2.82 and cause shutdown Issues.

I am having BMS control issues with my Venus GX once it upgraded from 2.81 to 2.82

However in v2.81 everything worked fine - it just selected one of the two BMS to listen to
Now on upgrading to v2.82, the Venus cannot handle the two BMS signals that are now telling it what to do, it does not seem to select be able to just select one automatically to control things as.

easy fix turn DVCC OFF

How did this happen.

1. setup Multiplus II VE.BMS and a Venus GX using ess and DVCC ON

The BMS used being a 123smart BMS load and charge relays where activating the VE.BMS unit on a V/min or V/max when needed and for 3 years this has worked fine

now 123smart has enhanced the systems since they added there NEW usb interface board and we are able to see the lowest and hights cell and can also use it as a Battery monitor - and this has been working great for 6 mths and working well on 2.80 to 2.81 without issue.

2. However on upgrading to 2.82 Fw - I all of a sudden had the multiplus II turning on/off for three times then go to fault

3. the issue ended up being that the ve.bms and the new features in the 123smart BMS having also added CCL, CVL and DCL control added that the two BMS units started fighting for control -

3. anyway turning of DVCC stopped the issue.

-----------------------------------------------

So is there a way when there are two active BMS that one can be selected as the primary bms to use. and the other ignored or at least a warning of some type.

One would say why would you ever have two BMS installed - well I did not originally but I have now- and yes ill reconfigue things and at this point I think ill remove the VE.bms and just use the 123smart BMS with CCL,CVL.DCL control

Anyway this maybe just a warning to others as to how one installed BMS can suddenly become 2 installed BMS's

I still have to look into why DVCC being ON was such a issue - so some more readding to do it seems

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers