question

wudycool avatar image
wudycool asked

Ess Mixing Inverters Quattro with Multiplus

Is it possible to run a 3 Phase system with one quattro 8000 and 2 multiplus 5000?

does all inverter/chager must be the same? would be a pity since i have this mix free for my new house :D

Thank you for answers, i could not find it

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

All inverter/chargers must be the same. All must be the same model.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@wudycool

If you have each one as a completely separate system on each phase with no 3 phase programming and no interconnection, then yes.

This will be fine if you have no appliances that need three phase synchronisation. If you do then refer to answer by @WKirby

And the manual for three phase. It mentions the requirement for same model same size etc.

You can program ess onto each inverter each with its own gx. (You can get cheap monitoring using a Raspberry Pi with the Venus OS, if you dont want to spring for one of the Victron GXs for each system.

2 comments
2 |3000

wudycool avatar image wudycool commented ·
Thank you very much for this answer :) dont need real three phase, but how do i connect the inverters to the py? is there a usb dongle for this?

power assists works as well right? so when batterie is empty, the grid will get passthrough right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ wudycool commented ·

@wudycool

Inverters to Pi with the mk3 to usb adaptor.

There is a blog on it.

Power assist works based on how you do your settings.

Another option for basic monitoring is the VE bus Bluetooth smart dongle if you just want the basics and input controls.

0 Likes 0 ·