question

Petar Maksimovic avatar image
Petar Maksimovic asked

Cerbo GX Relay 2 as Alarm output

Relay 1 is currently used as generator start/stop, and it works fine as is.

Relay 2 can be only manualy switched, or used as temp. relay as of sw2.80.

Any plans to enable Relay 2 to be used as Alarm output please?

cerbo gxRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Looking to have relay 2 for running a external alarm as well. My cerbo is installed in a cabinet and can not hear the small beeper

I Often have no internet so getting email notification is not really helpful.
I hope this gets added to a future build.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

That's exact the functionality I was looking for. So +1 for this feature!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevstone122 avatar image
kevstone122 answered ·

Exactly what i also need. Why we can only use the relay 1 for this important function. Why we cannot chose Relay 1 for Alarm contact and Relay 2 for generator?
In a smart home you will have the cerbo gx in the technic room and nobody will here any alarm. This beeper should be included in the display + extra alarm relais!

2 |3000

mush74 avatar image
mush74 answered ·

Please add this feature , Already using Relay 1 for Gennerator and cant hear the alarm as Cerbo is in cabinet

1 comment
2 |3000

I really second this.. I recently blew up my fresh water tank (when filling)

darn phone rang and didn't hear the Cerbo due to it being in a cabnet as well.

I have already installed a piezo buzzer. Thats when I learned that relay 2 was not able to be setup as alarm output.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I would like to see all of relay 1's choices available on the other relays (Raspberry PI has 6 relay outputs). That way the installer can choose which of the 5 sources to connect to the available relays.

2 |3000