question

Petar Maksimovic avatar image
Petar Maksimovic asked

Cerbo GX Relay 2 as Alarm output

Relay 1 is currently used as generator start/stop, and it works fine as is.

Relay 2 can be only manualy switched, or used as temp. relay as of sw2.80.

Any plans to enable Relay 2 to be used as Alarm output please?

cerbo gxRelay
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cleaver avatar image cleaver commented ·
Looking to have relay 2 for running a external alarm as well. My cerbo is installed in a cabinet and can not hear the small beeper

I Often have no internet so getting email notification is not really helpful.
I hope this gets added to a future build.

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
baronner avatar image
baronner answered ·

That's exact the functionality I was looking for. So +1 for this feature!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevstone122 avatar image
kevstone122 answered ·

Exactly what i also need. Why we can only use the relay 1 for this important function. Why we cannot chose Relay 1 for Alarm contact and Relay 2 for generator?
In a smart home you will have the cerbo gx in the technic room and nobody will here any alarm. This beeper should be included in the display + extra alarm relais!

2 |3000

mush74 avatar image
mush74 answered ·

Please add this feature , Already using Relay 1 for Gennerator and cant hear the alarm as Cerbo is in cabinet

1 comment
2 |3000

cleaver avatar image cleaver commented ·
I really second this.. I recently blew up my fresh water tank (when filling)

darn phone rang and didn't hear the Cerbo due to it being in a cabnet as well.

I have already installed a piezo buzzer. Thats when I learned that relay 2 was not able to be setup as alarm output.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I would like to see all of relay 1's choices available on the other relays (Raspberry PI has 6 relay outputs). That way the installer can choose which of the 5 sources to connect to the available relays.

2 |3000

cleaver avatar image
cleaver answered ·

Maybe its time to refresh this request. I would like to say it should be fairly easy to copy the code from relay #1 and insert it into relay #2. But I honestly have no idea how to code.....

6 comments
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Hi

Thats all it will take copy and paste code across to relay 2.

I might look into my raspi controller code to see if i can do that.

Note to Victron, Studer inverters have two relays for options and they can be used for either genset, hotwater diversion, alarms etc. As i have configured some of these inverters for clients as well as Victron inverters, The Studer are not easy to do and complex were as the Victron is the perfered choice as much easy to set up with the Cerbo controller.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
cleaver avatar image cleaver Rob Duthie commented ·
I would greatly appreciate the effort. I have no clue about coding. However thinking of the copy and paste issue. I guess all the triggers would have to point to relay 2. So it might be way more involved than just coping a few folders.
0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie cleaver commented ·
Yes it is.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem cleaver commented ·
I looked into this a while back. The relay code is buried in the modules where the relay us used: generator start/stop, alarm (which I can't get to), temp alarms (already supports relay 2), tank pump. These would all need to be modified to access other relays.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Kevin Windrem commented ·
Hi Kevin

Unless we add our own page for relay 2 option control for the cerbo and for the raspi we can add the other 64 to 6.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·
cleaver avatar image cleaver Rob Duthie commented ·
Is there a way to just add a type of "IF" command? (I'm sorry, I work with excel a lot.)

Because then you just need to point to buzzer sound or beeper sounding. and tell it to activate relay 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alan avatar image
Alan answered ·

It would be great if we could duplicate relay one onto relay 2 aswel here’s wishing

2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Yes if they only Victron would, as the other manufacture Studer has it on there inverters and is very handy to say in genset and load sharing etc.

2 |3000

Related Resources