question

u410998 avatar image
u410998 asked

On a Blue Solar MPPT with load output, For the "Battery Life" setting, how often is the voltage being read?

I have an issue with a Renogy self-warming battery: during the warming cycle preceding the charge, the voltage at the battery terminal is dictated by the resistance of the heating element and the voltage setup in my MPPT for a LiFePO4 battery of 14.4V.

This voltage leads my inverter to believe that the battery has reached a full charge voltage and proceed to start inverting on a nearly depleted battery. I need to know how often the setting "Battery Life" takes a reading sample in order to determine the SOC. Is it daily, hourly, multiple times per second? Any information from the manufacturer about his would be really useful, thank you.

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

SOCbatterylife
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

First of all, the battery life function is mainly for lead acid batteries as there is a good relation between discharge level and voltage, on LFP this isn't possible. Beside this the battery life is constantly looking at the voltage but the setpoint is determined after the charge cycle is done, so when its clear the charge was completed or not.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic