question

jack-beach avatar image
jack-beach asked

MultiPlus 2 GX WiFi issues

Hi,

I have a MultiPlus 2 GX with built in WiFi.

If I connect it to the router with an Ethernet cable I can run VRM and access all the settings.

While connected through the Ethernet cable I am trying to connect to the router via WiFi. This is where I am having a major problem

The signature strength is at 54-54% but it is failing to connect. Sometimes it cannot even see the wireless network. I have been trying for hours and have not yet been successful. Is there an issue with these devices? Do I need to give up and have Ethernet cables through my house?

Multiplus-IIwifi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Jack Beach

What you may be up against here is the one-at-a-time ethernet/wifi access. Usually possible to connect concurrently, but ethernet gets priority and wifi only kicks in when ethernet is down. (This may have changed a little in the detail over the years.)

Try pulling the cable, and see if you can connect wifi then. Be patient, it may take a few minutes to sort itself.

If that doesn't work, try rebooting the GX. If you need the cable to do that, pull it as soon as it accepts the reboot instruction. It should awaken eager for a connection.

If that doesn't work, then it may be the signal strength, 54% isn't really that great. But let's see..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.