question

izzy010568 avatar image
izzy010568 asked

Multiplus Compact 24/1600/40 Tripping Shore Power

Hi there

My Multiplus Compact 24/1600/40 (part of an Easysolar set-up) compact trips out 16a shore power on pass through. The appliance works ok for a short time and then cuts out. The charger remains active but the RCD at the shore power trips. When I connect the appliance (a washing machine) directly to shore power, it works fine. I understood the pass through output to be seperate from the Multiplus so what could be causing this?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Pieter Boomsma avatar image
Pieter Boomsma answered ·

Are you using Power assist? Probably the unit is charging and delivering to the machine at the same time. You can limit the shore power by setting the AC Input current in the GX device to for example 16A.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

izzy010568 avatar image izzy010568 commented ·
That makes sense. We inherited the set-up when we bought the overland truck it's fitted into. I assumed it would be on as a default. We're ona campsite in Greece right now and althought the hook up is advertised as 16a it could well be lower, so I guess that could also cause an issue. I've ordered a MK3 because we also need to adjust setting for lithium, so I'll check Power Assist too. We're Thanks for your answer :)

0 Likes 0 ·