question

letube avatar image
letube asked

State of charge BMV712

Hi , I have just installed new set up to include LIFEPO4 batteries totalling 560ah, and a BVM712. The batteries are not at 100% as they are reading 13.6v on the BVM display. As they are not at 100% I don’t think I can just sync them as 100%?. . Can I just manually enter the SOC as 92% SOC ( I.e 13.6/14.65 x100 ). Or would I be better buying an independent charger and charging them to 100%, seems a bit if a shame to do that as I have the new 3000 wattt Multiplus charger installed for charging??

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Use the MultiPlus to charge them, when you know that the batteries have reached 100% then you can sync the BMV to 100%. No need to use a different charger, the MultiPlus can do the charging.
Don't worry id the BMV reads 100% before that batteries have actually reached 100%, it will stay at 100% and then only start to count down when discharging starts to happen.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Also forgot to mention that SOC is not calculated that way. The BMV counts energy into and out of the battery. Especially for Lithium, the Voltage curve is not very linear at all, so Voltage is an extremely unreliable way of estimating SOC for lithium.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic