question

aegir avatar image
aegir asked

Connect Lynx distributor directly to Cerbo

Considering buying a lynx distributor, but puzzled by the fact that it needs an expensive lynx shunt (i already have a smart shunt).

So are there any plans to support cerbo <=> lynx distro communication?

Do the ve.can bus provide 5V?

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ofernander avatar image
ofernander answered ·

You don’t “need” the lynx shunt for the lynx bus bar. You can use the bar without but it won’t have the fuse indicator lights.

What I did was take an old USB a cord and spliced it into the provided RJ11 cord getting the 5v needed to power the indicator lights from my Cerbo GX.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dave68 avatar image
dave68 answered ·

Still it would be interesting if it is possible. This way one could get informations of blown fuses in VRM/NodeRed

2 comments
2 |3000

esa69 avatar image esa69 commented ·
Hi, I had same idea how to get the fuses seen into the VRM portal. Is there a device which we can connect the rj10 to the cerbo without the shunt. In my situation I don't need the shunt but want them to see in the vrm.

When not possible then I would like to make myself the usb to rj 10 cable with a switch. This way when doing maintenance or want to check fuses switch the cable 5 volt and want to see if the fuses are ok. Is the pcb board working like this?

Or needs it 100 percent of the time 5volt to see a blown fuses?

There's another solution to put your own led over the 48 volt fuses. When blown fuses the led will light up. But this needs a lot of work to fit into the lynx distributer

1 Like 1 ·
balthazar-lang avatar image balthazar-lang commented ·
Agree that would be great when you have batteries with bms and the recommended setup is to not use dual bms
0 Likes 0 ·