question

flashy02 avatar image
flashy02 asked

Cerbo v2.80 ModBus: Is there a register Change?

Since Update to v2.80 it isn't possible to read out my ve.direct MPPTs. Ther is always a fault that register 777 is not availlable, but I can't find any new modbus-register list. So i swapped back to v2.73 and everything is fine. Is there any change?

Modbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

There is something about Modbus and register 777 in the changelog:

Removed the Pv/Current path aka register from our internal databus. D-Bus. Going forward, to use that, you need to calculate it by dividing the power by the voltage. Affects all APIs, including Modbus-TCP – there it is register 777.

For the full changelog go to Victron Professional:
https://professional.victronenergy.com/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

flashy02 avatar image
flashy02 answered ·

Thank you, that was the fault. I've changed my config now and it works with v2.80. But I think it is difficult to update automaticaly a Cerbo with a breaking change, so that existing installations doesn't work anymore. For preventing that the next time, I've disabled the automatic update.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @flashy02 , yes; having auto updates disabled is often better.

And regarding this register 777: changing that was a mistake. We're making the register back at the moment. More information here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/118710/venus-os-v280-breaks-modbus-tcp-register-777-pv-cu.html

All the best! Matthijs

2 |3000

flashy02 avatar image
flashy02 answered ·

@mvader (Victron Energy) , thank you for notification, at the moment i've changed my OpenHAB configuration and calculate the current from power and voltage. Additionally i had to split the modbus poller because of the noted definition gap of register 777. If it is fixed again in a future firmware I'll turn back :-)

2 |3000

Related Resources