question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.80, now v2.81, released officially!

UPDATE 2022-02-03: yesterday we released v2.81. There was no extensive field testing involved, since it contains one simple -and urgent- fix, for the GX GSM & GX LTE 4G issue.

Hi all,

done! After many months - and many messages are about field test versions; its finally done and v2.80 is available as an official version.

This message is let you know above, but also as a big thank you for all involved. I've said it before but it warrants saying again: with the plethora of combinations and use cases, having such a large group of systems and users with eye for detail is really invaluable and crucial to be able to keep moving forward with Venus OS.

We'll be closely monitoring for any reports or issues, in case you see anything, please then add an answer below.

Soon field testing of v2.81 will start, there are various changes ready for that.

v2.80 changelog is in https://professional.victronenergy.com, and blog post will be on www.victronenergy.com/blog soon

For now, all the best,

Matthijs

Venus OS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image jwfrary commented ·
Fantastic work, this release is a big capability stride forward, super useful, looking forward to what's in the pipe line next.

It's a great that victron moves forward all the time, venus is so adaptable and I think it's a really key part to the success of the victron eco system.

Loyal and happy customer here!

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ jwfrary commented ·
Thanks! I’ll pass it along
0 Likes 0 ·
ivo12s avatar image ivo12s commented ·

Hallo @mvader (Victron Energy) !

My Raspberry offered me Upgrade for release version v2.81 already with no official announcement! Does it means some secret procedure/testing :-)?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ ivo12s commented ·
Hi @Ivo12s , yes we released v2.81 last night. No secrets, its in the change-log, see https://professional.victronenergy.com.

I have yet to update / announce. Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

Yes well done on all the updates.

Just some feedback: My system, 24V MulitPlus II and Pylontech 2500 batteries, Cerbro, ET340, when the update was in progress my MulitPlusII was in the inverting state running the house, reset casing a power outage briefly. Not sure if you are aware of this side effect, it has not happened in the past, or maybe my inverter was not in "invert" mode during past upgrades. Hope this helps.

cheers

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi Ray, thank you, also for the report. That shouldn’t happen for sure - we’ll look into that.

Is it ok if we login to your system? You then need to enable Remote Support in General -> Settings.

Looking at the logs around the update will help confirm what happened.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
ps. we were able to find out what the issue is, without logging in to your GX Device. Must be some extreme edge case, ie not likely to happen. But still not good - we'll work on this - thank you!
0 Likes 0 ·
raymiller avatar image raymiller mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
yes sure no problems "Socrates Lakeview Cerbo" anytime.
0 Likes 0 ·
raymiller avatar image raymiller raymiller commented ·

I've also got the Fronius PV grid inverter located and configured at the grid input, but it shows up on the Inverter output. So not sure what is wrong, config or OS?

The energy meters ET340 are both configured for single-phase and this is how they are presented, correct location but the readings only show up on L1 in both cases. I know this energy meter configuration is not supported but seems to still work in a fashion, I used the menu mostly to get the correct readings.

Cheers

screen-shot-2022-02-04-at-105858-am.png

0 Likes 0 ·
pdonner avatar image
pdonner answered ·

The dynamic development Venus OS is what makes Victron solar electricity systems true building blocks of information society. Many thanks and congratulations.

The implementation of Ruuvi temperature sensor functionality is excellent, especially with the VRM Hide details/Show details toggle.

Temperature controlled relays have now become a central element in the design. I wonder if the dashboard, as well as the history pane, could display status and history of relay status (instead of being hidden behind the menu structure).

Such user interface functionality would improve monitoring and debugging of systems designed around this new feature. I understand that v.2.81 (perhaps a v.2.82 later on) will correct mistakes in v.2.80.

How do you look upon further development of relay status visibility in the VRM dashboard, dropdown views and the historical data pane?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @pdonner relay state is already visible in graphs on the 'advanced' page!
0 Likes 0 ·
pdonner avatar image pdonner Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks a lot for useful advise, Daniel. I found a note on this in an earlier post, but experienced that the relay diagram wasn't yet visible. Perhaps the diagram appears only after the user has configured the relay correctly.

There was some other ongoing improvements while I checked the functionality. I guess VRM Advanced view will soon show Ruuvi Temperature - Pressure - Humidity history as well. - Good work.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources