question

Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich asked

How could i get data from two installations

Hi,

i have now two cerbo gx running. So i have two installations in VRM. I could see data from both installations in VRM.

I use venus-docker-grafana to load the data into a local influxdb. All Tables has the field portalID so it should work with different installations. (Each installation has its own portalID).

1643620730746.pngBut in the Dashboard it only transfers data from the first installation.

1643620907217.png

What do i missing?

Regards

modificationsgrafanadocker
1643620730746.png (57.7 KiB)
1643620907217.png (47.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Is the data not getting into InfluxDB, or are you not able to display?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

If i look into my InfluxDB in system/Connected i only found my first installation. The Venus-Docker-Grafana-Server only transfers the first installation.

2 |3000

Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

I know there is no official support for the Venus-Docker-Grafana-Server, but did anyone use this with two or more installations?

2 |3000

ian-straker avatar image
ian-straker answered ·

G'day Ulrich.

I have managed to get multiple installations to display. I'm very much an amateur and learning so please understand that.

I have about 20 installations in the VRM account and what I did was to just select the ones I wanted to display in the admin interface at http://localhost:8088.

After that, the systems I selected here became visible in Grafana as each system sent data to VRM.

Then in a Grafana query, under the Options, select "WHERE" and "=" then "tag" gives a dropdown box with all the selected systems which have data. Choose the one you want.

I was able to have values from each of the systems on the one dashboard.

No guarantees, but this worked for me.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ulrich avatar image Ulrich commented ·

Many thanks for your response. I see the two installations, but no data is loaded from the second installation. I have to see if I got an old version of the transfer script here. When I find a solution I will post it here. Maybe there are more with this problem.
Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
ian-straker avatar image
ian-straker answered ·

Do you get "N/A" where there should be some data?

I chased this one around and around in my dashboard until I realised that for that particular installation, it had no data or a zero value for that item. I tried a different item where I knew it had some real values for the data and it worked.

In my case, the one that would not display had no PV connected in the system and I was trying to show PV amps and it displayed "N/A".

I selected battery SOC instead, and it displayed the SOC as I had hoped.

Hope that helps.

If it doesn't, then you might have to do what I did, and learn a bit about Docker and Influxdb. I learned enough to be able to use a terminal to look at the database in influxdb and see exactly what was being saved. This was a big help.

If you want to do this, and need some help, I will find the helpful video that explains the necessary commands.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ulrich avatar image Ulrich commented ·

I think my problem is not that I can't find the data in the InfluxDB, but that the data is not transferred to the InfluxDB. The data of the first installation comes without problems.

When I look in the system/Serial table, I only find entries from the first installation. At least here should the second installation be found?

I think my VenusDockerGrafanaServer installation has an error?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Solved: Each installation can use its own URL. Therefore, the outgoing communication for the MQTTS port 8883 on the domain *.victronenergy.com must be enabled.

2 |3000