question

toni1961 avatar image
toni1961 asked

How can i Connect Venus OS on Raspi to Multiplus Compact ?

Hello, I have a Victron Venus Os installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 B.

The data transfer from the smart shunt and the solar controllers works via Ve tonUSB cables.

My question is, how can I connect the Multiplus Compact. 12/1600/70 connect to the Raspi ?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Toni1961 and welcome,

you will need the MK3-USB-Interface that connects the Multi to your Pi.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You will need a MK3 Interface for that.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/interface-mk3-usb

2 |3000

thomas-m avatar image
thomas-m answered ·

I just received my multiplus (5000) and was surprised to see that it has no ve.direct as the other devices from victron I have (smartshunt, smartsolar) to connect to my raspi but only a ve.bus. Now I understood that I need the mk3-usb interface. But in another post I read that changing settings might not be possible via this way (or just via VRM portal - ok). My final goal is to run Node Red on the raspi together with the venus image and change the power settings coming from solar to realize a zero-feed into grid via modbus. Is this possible via mk3-usb connected to the raspi or not. Or do I not need it because my energy meter (EM24) is already connected to the venus/raspi and working fine? Can I change anything from raspi on the multiplus via the mk3-usb? Thanks, Thomas

2 |3000

Related Resources