question

m1ck avatar image
m1ck asked

Conecting small inverter (Phoenix 12/375) to load output of BlueSolar 75/15

Hello

The manual of my Victron charge controller (BlueSolar 75/15) states the following:

Low power inverters, such as the Phoenix VE.Direct inverters up to 375VA, can be powered directly by the load output, but the maximum output power will be limited by the current limit of the load output.

If there's no load connected to the inverter I can turn on the inverter, and the green light turns on, but as soon as I plug in my loads the inverter goes off. My load is smaller than the 180W I supose the charge controller supports (12v x 15A).

I don't understand the behaviour of the BlueSolar 75/15, why it allows to turn on the inverter with no load... the inrush current isn't supposed to happen when you turn on the inverter? I tried connecting only a led light to the inverter and it worked, but when I connect the rest of my small installation it goes off.

MPPT ControllersPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What kind of load do you connect? Maybe your load has a inrush current that is to much for the load output of the MPPT.

I would recommend you to use the load output of the MPPT turn the inverter on/off via the remote port of the inverter.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_SmartSolar_MPPT_75-10_up_to_100-20/en/features.html#UUID-114c425f-458e-0da1-2107-d75935b3e4d1

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

m1ck avatar image m1ck commented ·
Hello Matthias, thank you for answering. As load I have some LED lights, smartphone and laptop chargers.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ m1ck commented ·
I guess the "problem" is the laptop charger, try it without it.

0 Likes 0 ·