question

Danakil avatar image
Danakil asked

Interfacing with Ve.Bus products: BOL

Hi everyone,

I am interfacing an embedded system with a MultiPlus II, the communication is going well except for the Battery Operational Limits (BOL) which I just cannot understand what I am told to do:

capture-victron.png

In the command, what do the subscripts {0, 1, 2} stand for ? For example IBatCharge0, IBatCharge1, IBatCharge2 ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Nicolas

VE.Busmk2
capture-victron.png (133.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I've not used this, but thinking about multi inverter sets, these could refer to control limits for individual inverters in a parallel or multi inverter group?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Danakil avatar image
Danakil answered ·

Hi Mike

That's what I thought at first, but what about the voltage field ? There is only 2 subscripts

2 |3000

Danakil avatar image
Danakil answered ·

Can someone help me ?

2 |3000

Danakil avatar image
Danakil answered ·

Is there a Victron Staff who could help me ?

2 |3000

jschz avatar image
jschz answered ·

Hi Danakil. I'm sorry but I can not help you. I'm here because I want to do something similar to what you're doing (I want to communicate a Quattro with a Raspberry without using a GX devices) and I would like to make you a few questions. If you could answer me, I would really apreciatte it

What is the difference between mk2 and mk3 protocol?

I found you by a answer of another post. In your answer you suggested to use mk3-usb adapter and https://github.com/izak/ib.victron. Why aren't you using that? Is because you're trying to implement mk3 and the python scipt implements mk2 protocol instead?

Where did you find the document you posted above?

Is there any easiest way of doing what I want? ^^

Thank you.

2 |3000

Related Resources

What is VE.Bus?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic