question

jetkit avatar image
jetkit asked

Argo FET for 2 alternators, 3 batteries

Replacing an old diode battery isolator here. The original was simple, with two inputs and 3 outputs.

Argo does not have a FET isolator with two inputs.

I was suggested to use two Argofet 100-3, and connect the outputs in parallel. I created a simple schematic of my understanding. Can someone with expertise on those boys to chime in?

argofet-battery-isolators.png

Argo FET Diode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
priba avatar image
priba answered ·

Hi jetkit, same here :)

Picture is from last weekend. Note there are inputs from alternators and some other wires missing.

I was assuming it will work and had found confirmation on a YT channel PYS.

img-20220129-203817.jpg

Will have first hand info in two weeks when I'll do the test.

I have some other concerns regarding return voltage to INPUT in this state (picture) but I don't want to highjack this thread.

priba

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

priba avatar image
priba answered ·

Tested last weekend and sure it works.

Not that I did extensive testing because my batteries were fully charged.

I didn't measure current passed to each battery bank but voltage was present and there was no voltage drop across input/output terminals.

priba

2 |3000

eien avatar image
eien answered ·

I would have mounted a splitter with two inputs and three outputs, cheaper and less wiring.

vetus-2in-3outa.jpg

vetus-2in-3outa.jpg (37.9 KiB)
2 |3000