question

dejanz avatar image
dejanz asked

Installation on a small boat

Hello everybody. I am new member on Victron Community. I am asking you for an opinion. I bought Victron MPPT SmartSolar and Victron Smart BatteryProtector. I wonder if the installation for a 5m boat with a small cabin is appropriate? Would you change anything? Thank you for your opinion.

Best regards.

Dejan

ver3.pdf

installation
ver3.pdf (199.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Seems OK to me.
When the master switch is open, then the MPPT will not be able to charge the battery, is that intentional? I guess you remove the solar panel when you are away from the boat, is that why it has a connector socket?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Not sure, but you might want to leave the battery on permanent solar charge. AGM lasts longer that way.

2 |3000

dejanz avatar image
dejanz answered ·

Thank You, guys for answers.

@wkirby: Yes, it is intentional. Master switch must be closed, then MPPT will charge the batt. Yes, I will remove Flex solar panel when I am away from boat.

@kevgermany: Yes, I know that. I do not have space in boat to install two batteries on boat. Start and service. So, I have to make a compromise. I bought Exide DUAL AGM EP900 battery which is designed for both starting your engine, and supplying power to other electrical equipment .

Thank You again.

Best regards.

Dejan

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic