question

joesy avatar image
joesy asked

Cyrix-ct remains connected with engine off

Hi,

I have installed an exide 100 ah 900a lead acid battery as the starter battery and a varta 85Ah 800a lead acid as the service battery. Both are connected with the cyrix-ct 12/24v 120a. I have triple checked the connections and they are correct.

When the engine is running, both batteries charge perfectly, but when I turn off the engine, the cyrix-ct stayed connected, and wont isolate or separate the batteries, even if I leave it overnight.

I have tried removing the cyrix-ct and installing it again, and when I connect both + poles it engages and remains connected even before connecting the - to the 86 connection.

Anyone has any idea of what could be the problem?

I have also tried with a new cyrix-ct, and it does exactly the same thing.

I am completely lost with the issue.

I will appreciate any help.

Cyrix Battery Combiner
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Joesy

It is my understanding that they also connect based on voltage. I could be corrected here though.

It is in the datasheet.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
joesy avatar image
joesy answered ·

You are right that they also connect depending on the voltage, but apparently it supposes to disconnect when the coltage is below 12.8v, and the batteries on a car, or van normally are on 12.6v, so it shoul remain disconnected until theengine is running, and in my case, it is conected all time independendly if the engine is running or not.This is the strange thing!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Joesy

It is a bi directional thing. If the house battery now is correct it can also close the connection. So imagine it is possible the second bank is the one doing triggering it?

0 Likes 0 ·