I have an offgrid residential system comprising of 2 strings of PV, with each array connected to different mppt charge controllers (each string has a different orientation), two 51.2V 200AH LFP batteries connected in parallel, a 5KVA inverter and a BMV-712 with temperature sensor.
The BMV shunt can no longer accommodate the negatives of the loads and charges. Same for the positive terminal of the battery. Hence, the decision to use busbars.
1. Is there any other option than using busbars?
2. I would appreciate wiring directions/diagram of using busbars with the BMV with
- each battery connected to the busbars
- both batteries paralleled, then a single +ve & -ve connection to the busbars.
3. Where do I connect the temperature sensor to? The busbar, a positive terminal of any battery?
Note: I am not interested in midpoint voltage.
Any other input in this situation will be appreciated.