question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Cerbo GX Wi-Fi dongle

Hi I’ve just plugged in a Netgear A6100 dongle into Cerbo GX & rebooted the device. I’m connected to the router but am not sure if the dongle is working! Am I missing something!

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I did a similar thing when Venus was having issues with both bluetooth discovery and WiFi enabled at the same time. Apparently, Venus gives priority to the dongle and the internal is not used. I remember some indication of which was in use but don't recall what it was.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·
Not sure about Cerbo, but on the Raspberry PI, it appears both the internal WiFi and the WiFi dongle are active at the same time. I see duplicate devices in the Wi-Fi connection list and when I pull the dongle, the duplicates disappear.
0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Kevin Windrem commented ·
Yes. With configuration you can do quite a lot this way, like connecting to an external network while running your own one(s) from the pi.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Didn't you had to enter the Wi-Fi password again?

Check the MAC address for Cerbo's Wi-Fi connection. It will be different than the MAC address of the on-board Wi-Fi.

1 comment
2 |3000

big-ste avatar image big-ste commented ·
No it didn’t ask for one! This makes me think it’s not being used, I can’t see what I need to do to active it!
0 Likes 0 ·