question

gilles avatar image
gilles asked

piece of metal stuck in temperature sensor

Hi,

I made the mistake of changing the electrical socket for the temperature sensor that goes on the multiplus.

i made two terminals on the - cable to make it longer as it wasnt long enough to hold inside the green temperature terminal. And a piece of metal got stuck inside the green minus temp terminal.

I cant get it out now. Do you think i can open up the blue cover to get it out. I have tried everything , even shaking it upside down and pushing the orange switch.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

It's not clear what you are trying to do, or what your problem is - some pictures would help.

The temp sensor on the Multiplus attaches to a green plug that plugs into a green socket - this has a pin in the centre that is the contact.

(compacts are slightly different). Opening the blue cover on the big multi is unlikely to help. if the contact pin is bent it could be carefully straightened.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gilles avatar image
gilles answered ·

In fact, the temp sensor cable were too long ,so i made the cables shorter and i did put new terminals on that were too small (see IMG_20220119_142607.jpg) to hold into the green sockets ( multiplus compact 12v 800 VA)

So i made the terminals longer by adding another one on, and that piece came loose on the cable and inevitably got stuck inside the multiplus Temp minus green socket...

I can see the half piece of terminal inside the green socket , and it looks very difficult to take it out now...

victron-energy-victron-energy-multiplus-compact-24.jpg

IMG_20220119_142607.jpg

2 |3000