question

kfoto avatar image
kfoto asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15

I have just received a SmartSolar 75/15 MPPT.

I made a close examination of the charger and noticed a pen marking of a P on one rear corner (see photo).mppt.jpg

Next I looked at the screw connections and they were not new. Discolouration on the PV and Batt screws plus deformation of the screw slots (see photo).

mppt-1.jpg

So before I install it, are these defects normal for a new product from this company?

New Products
mppt.jpg (273.4 KiB)
mppt-1.jpg (191.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kfoto

Sorry I did not see your message.

In Victron Connect. Go to settings you will see an option for load output. You can disable it there in the drop down options list.

Make sure the jumper is out, it overrides VConnect.

See the instructions here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kfoto

No it is not normal at all. I would not accept that. Return to supplier definitely. The screw heads also look damaged. If you paid for it expecting a new product then that is not right, obviously if the seller stated not new that is different.

2 comments
2 |3000

kfoto avatar image kfoto commented ·

Thanks for the reply. I bought it from Amazon UK. I was suspicious from the start because the round security clear seal on the box pull out tab was misaligned.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kfoto commented ·
As soon as you said that my first was suspicious amazon handling especially if is was dispatched by them. Definitely the MO these days. If you have isses all Amazon Sellers are backed by dsitributors and there can be further channels to take if there is no co operation.
0 Likes 0 ·
kfoto avatar image
kfoto answered ·

I have connected up my new controller and I want to remove the load from ON in the app to OFF, how do I do this? All I have is a Victron 40w panel feeding via the Mppt to a car battery.

2 |3000

kfoto avatar image
kfoto answered ·

This site really gets to me on the way it is organised by the developer. As a web designer I would never tags and topics for errors to post a question. Now my final question is this as some really good people have helped me like Alexandra. I want to change my PIN and entered my PUK but it did not work. Then advice remove paired item and then pair again. Enter PUK and before I could enter new PIN it asked for PUK.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
I'm going to leave the other questions, but address your site comments. They come at a good time.

We've just started a project to improve things, but there are some things we're stuck with as the base is a commercial package. Moving to another platform is not in scope.

The package is based on topic tags, and at the moment they enhance search requests and also allow questions to be directed to our appropriate experts. You can also search by topic and reorder the search results, which can give good relevant answers.

However nothing is perfect. And I'd love it if you can make suggestions in a separate question (under the idea topic) so we can discuss and incorporate, within the limitations we have.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic