question

chris-5 avatar image
chris-5 asked

Victron Multiplus II, 2 x MPPT charge controllers, FreedomWon LiFePO and 48V DC Wind Turbine

Hi there,

I have the following setup:

- Multiplus II 48/5000

- 2 x SmartSolar MPPT 250/60

- FreedomWon 10kWh with BMS (Absorption and Float = 55.8V)

- 1500W Wind Turbine with its own controller 48V

When the sun goes down and the system is using battery power, I want the Turbine to supply power to the system (obviously when there is wind). I am not sure that this is actually happening. So my first question, can I use a SmartShunt to monitor the DC current coming from the Wind Turbine and then also display those values on the CCGX? And my second question, what would be the best settings for the wind turbine controller, as the controller cant communicate with the battery BMS?

I would appreciate your assistance.

Thank you

Hydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@chris@nuvoenergyafrica.com

Yes you can monitor charge coming in from the turbine to the batteries.using the shunt.

Obviously SOC will not be accurate unless you have the whole system passing through it though. I assume you will be getting that from the FreedomWon's comms with the GX.

You won't see the information on the tiles but through the devices menu. Well you could if you set it as your main monitor but that wont make sense for an overall picture of the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic