question

Michael Ziegler avatar image
Michael Ziegler asked

Is Venus OS v2.80~33 stable enough to load - if not, when will the newest version be released? Waiting patiently

Any idea of when new Venus OS will be released? Is Venus OS v2.80~33 stable enough to load - seems from what I have been reading it might be. I am heading up to my very remote island cabin with 4 Ruvvi Tags I purchased based on the latest ZOOM training video and given the remote access I would like to set them up, as I may not get another opportunity before spring ....what do you recommend?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I am heading up to my very remote island cabin [...] and given the remote access I would like to set them up, as I may not get another opportunity before spring

For such situations, better wait until you can be at the site for a longer period, just in case something goes wrong.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

As far as I know it is planned to release the final version in about one or two weeks.

But from the past it is likely that there will be a version 2.81 and maybe 2.82 quickly after that.

If you don't need any of the new features in 2.80 you should be safe to use the current stable version 2.73 and install 2.8X if you go there again.

3 comments
2 |3000

Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler commented ·

Really just interested in setting up the new Ruvvi Tags I have - and this is one of the benefits of the new firmware!

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Michael Ziegler commented ·
If you are using 2.80~33 the 280~36 has been released - but its recomended that you only use released firmware
0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Ziegler avatar image Michael Ziegler Paul B commented ·
I have not updated from 2.73 ....
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources